Some people are under the impression that Epsom salts are only good for relaxing sore muscles. While this is true, they actually are beneficial for a lot more! We have compiled a list of the top 10 reasons why Epsom salts are so beneficial. Give them a try!
1. Reduced stress. Many Epsom salts can be bought infused with essential oils allowing them to give a calming effect. Soaking in these is a natural relaxer.
2. Eliminates toxins. Epsom salts are a great way to trigger the natural process of reverse osmosis through your skin. In doing this your body is able to flush out toxins, helping you to feel fresh once again.
3. Helps with pain management. These salts also help with the balance of electrolytes in your system. Electrolytes help your body heal. By using Epsom salts, the body can regain those electrolytes and take a step towards recovery.
4. Treats colds. Soaking in Epsom salts allows your body to kick start the process of creating white blood cells which fight off illnesses.
5. Helps with skin problems. Because they flush out toxins, Epsom salts are especially useful when it comes to skin irritations or blackheads.
6. Replenishes magnesium. Epsom salts are made of magnesium-sulfate and are bonded in a way that makes it readily available to be absorbed into the skin. Magnesium is great for digestion (see #10) and can help prevent osteoporosis.
7. Improved circulation. As these salts begin to relax your mind, they are also working to relax your body in more ways than you may be aware. In using Epsom salts, your arteries are given the nutrients they need to become more elastic, thus decreasing the chance of blood clots forming.
8. Regulates blood sugar. The magnesium and sulfates that make up Epsom salt also allow the body to produce insulin much more easily. By using Epsom salts regularly, it may be easier to prevent issues such as diabetes.
9. Keeps feet healthy. Rubbing your feet with Epsom salts can help remove calluses and dead skin cells giving your feet a smoother, healthier feel.
10. Relieves constipation. One of the first uses for Epsom salts was for relieving constipation. If you dissolve a teaspoon of salt into warm water and drink it, things will start "moving" without the need for harsh and expensive alternatives!
Try soaking in a hot tub with Epsom salt and start experiencing some of these benefits for yourself!